13 replies to this topic

#1 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:30 AM

Hello Family I came across a kite that may be of interest to the serious collector,
a friends husband passed not long ago and one of the kites in his collection was
a "Neos Omega", with handles, and instruction book all original. She is a friend
to kiting and needs some help and wants to sell this kite, so if you have any interest
let me know at beachbeach13@yahoo.com or 619-750-8770 and we'll get this
treasure in the right hands......Ben ps this kite is signed by 2 of the brothers in 1990

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0058.JPG
  • DSCF0059.JPG
  • DSCF0061_1.JPG

#2 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:46 AM

Don't think you will have any problem at all selling it .... not just because we would all like one but also it sounds like the money would be going to a good cause....

You could do an auction (sealed bids etc) on here if nobody objects and I am sure we would all bid? either way I doubt there would be a shortage of generous offers however you choose to part with it.

#3 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:50 AM

very nice.. a true classic
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#4 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:47 PM

Yum.

If I had some money to get rid of, this would definitely be my first purchase. Unfortunately, I have too many things to save up for at the moment...
let's see, I need a car, a new laptop, a bunch of kite stuff, college.... :'(

Spence "Watty" Watson

forumsig-01.png

#5 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:09 PM

Ben,

I'll take it. Send it to me if possible. Call me if you need payment info, you got my cell. :)

#6 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:50 PM

Hello Family I came across a kite that may be of interest to the serious collector,
a friends husband passed not long ago and one of the kites in his collection was
a "Neos Omega", with handles, and instruction book all original. She is a friend
to kiting and needs some help and wants to sell this kite, so if you have any interest
let me know at beachbeach13@yahoo.com or 619-750-8770 and we'll get this
treasure in the right hands......Ben ps this kite is signed by 2 of the brothers in 1990

I would suggest that you auction it here by sending you emails with their bids and you stating every once in a while what the highest bid is, but not identifying the bidder. You could run the auction for a week.
Was this one of Charlie's kites?

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#7 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:53 PM

Sounds a good idea John, that would maximise the income and ensure it found a home where it was really loved and wanted. Not being really interested in the history myself, I would make a very poor father for this Neos, and the bidding process would surely weed me out.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#8 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:04 PM

John, your idea sounds great, however....

Ben,

I'll take it. Send it to me if possible. Call me if you need payment info, you got my cell. :)

I don't think awindofchange will be too excited!!! ;)

Spence "Watty" Watson

forumsig-01.png

#9 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:48 AM

Thats fine with me actually. It's all to raise some money for someone in need so that would be perfect.

#10 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:06 PM

I'm on the road but will be home mid week and we'll go from there on this one, please bear with me the road has
been rough the last few weeks and I'm tired.....Ben

#11 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:46 PM

I'm on the road but will be home mid week and we'll go from there on this one, please bear with me the road has
been rough the last few weeks and I'm tired.....Ben

Hope you are feeling better Ben,
hugs Mousie

#12 Justaguy

Justaguy
  • Forum Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:26 PM

Hi,

I'm new to this forum but started to do some research on Neos Omega. I bought one while visiting Balboa, Ca 20 years ago. I knew it was probably a collectors item since the name changed so I've taken very good care it over the 20 years. For old time sake I flew it last weekend during a trip to the beach on OBX and forgot how much fun it was. So, I found your forum and decided to retire ole Ned after reading that only about 240 were ever sold or made before the name change to Revolution.

I missed the fun I had with my Neos Omega so I just bought a Rev 1.5 SLE. I'm going back to the beach next week and can't wait to fly my new Rev. I have all the original Neos Omega equipment (kite, handles, line, bag, manual) and its in mint condition. I nervously let my 20 year old son try it this past weekend and now it's his new favorite kite. It's amazing that I bought it when he was born. Wow!

Anyway, I'm curious if anyone knows the value of the Neos Omega I have. Not that I would ever sell it but I'm just wondering. Here are some pics of ole Ned for your enjoyment.

YIK (Yours in kiting)

Guy

Neos_Omega_1.JPG Neos_Omega_2.JPG
Neos_Omega_3.JPG Neos_Omega_4.JPG

#13 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:38 PM

that kite is a true classic justaguy keep it as a family handdown you son can give it to his kid some day as you will with him
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#14 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:12 PM

that kite is a true classic justaguy keep it as a family handdown you son can give it to his kid some day as you will with him

I agree.

I would keep it safe (ie away from son & SUN)

It is true a part of history. When you have one in that good a condition keep it with all the parts.

Then when passed on its value will increase.

BTW, when you say whats it worth? How long is a piece of string?

To you it may be worth a lot more than money, when you son is older and he passes it on, to his son think of the memorys he will have.

Or, for example I have a skatebaord, shrink wrapped from 1983 - last one on ebay went for $1200, but then I'm not selling so how much is it worth?

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users