#21 ramakristan

ramakristan

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:10 PM

Hi Darin,
I wish my wife is interested flying beside me or enjoying flying alone but turn out not to be, here it is way too hot, you will get sun burn if you are not careful but then who cares, more sun tan application will do the trick and proper clothing and a nice hat are all I need.
Invest in 1 Rev kite, you will never regret it but be warn, it can be very very addictive once you got the bug.
Cheers,
chris

#22 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:00 PM

Hey Darin,
Maybe get the wife interested in it so she won't freak out so much :lol:

There are some couples around the globe that actually enjoy flying together... ;)

Yes, get your wife involved. Lynn started flying about a month after I did. She got her first Rev a couple of months after I got mine. I flew more than she for a couple of years. Then, I had my first experience flying together with others at the Berkeley Kite Festival. It wasn't just someone, it was John Barresi and some other very good flyers. I was hooked. Shortly after that, Lynn and I were flying out on the beach at Winchester Bay, Oregon, and I just walked over and invaded her space. We started flying together that day, and have almost never flown alone since. We sometimes will fly for over an hour, never landing the kites.

We have flown with Team Too Much Fun ,(five of us), iQuad several times with as many as eighteen, team 180 GO!, and other times with whoever shows up on the field. Lynn jumps right into the line and enjoys it just as much as I do.

Oh yes.............get your wife involved.

Attached Thumbnails

• Demo6.jpg

Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

#23 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:57 PM

So should I be scared of buying my first Rev? :revonhead:

Yes.

Once you get into revs, there is no turning back. I've been hooked for almost three years, but I definately don't regret getting into this hobby.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#24 ramakristan

ramakristan

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:05 PM

Yes, get your wife involved, she will love you more knowing she can fly solo or with you as a team couple.
Lots of couple fly together, in no time, you will be as good as the season flyers here.
Rev kite flying is a way of relaxing and unwind for me and I am sure lots of people will agreed with me.
Before that, see the videos here, YouTube and so on, get familiar with how the flyers fly in team or solo.
You will NEVER regret because there is so much fun. Need help and advise, this is the place.
Cheers
chris

#25 Clin

Clin

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:32 PM

Be it dualline or quadline, life will never be the same thereafter! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users