245 replies to this topic

#21 nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:11 AM

The blindfolded rev flying sounds like fun, I've been doing something almost close, use the shadow of my rev to fly, that is pretty interesting, and helps you feel the kite alot more, I'm guessing with the blind fold stuff you get a spotter to help you?

#22 kellykelly

kellykelly

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:50 AM

Yes, you get a spotter...... you might want two.......
And you can pick the spotter :innocent:

Kelly

Kiting Tampa Bay Kite Club
If you plan on Coming to the Tampa Bay Area. We would love to Fly with you..

Check out Kiting Tampa Bay Web site!
Learn more about our club, events and Lots of great kite links.

Just Friends Flying Kites 

Kite Mania South - 2014 Treasure Island Beach! 

#23 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:09 PM

veeda im gonna beat you for that one... as for the games a rev rok battle?? linesets cost too much for that.. i do like the revolition battle we could do that with some beaters.. make a big ring and fly with 50 foot lines and fly to the death.. good idea man.. lets do it
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#24 nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:01 PM

Ant, I think that could be a little out there with me, my beater is a B series...

#25 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:02 PM

i have a few i can work on

#26 Sky Festival Productions

Sky Festival Productions

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:47 AM

Hi everyone!

Well, with just one week (for me!) before the Wildwoods International Kite Festival- WIKF - I'm dropping you this line to highlight some of the festival's events and to share some information with all of you. There's so much going on I don't know where to start!

Guests this year include some of our normal suspects such as Ron Gibian, , Gary Engvall, Jose Sainz, Pete Dolphin, Barry Poulter, Dave Gomberg, Al Sparling and Mike Agner. Some not-so-usual suspects include Scott Hampton (travel compliments of SJKF!), Scott Skinner, Dean Jordan, Phil McConnachie of Australia and Lindsey Johnson & Ronda Brewer (compliments of the Drachen Foundation!). There'll be a couple of traction kiters for sure this time around between Dean Jordan and AJ Jackson, so watch out! And of course the guest list wouldn't be complete without mentioning the infamous team iQuad – Rev Games and the Rev Mega Fly are sure to be a hit!

The Friday night feast will once again be hosted by the ever popular SJKF headed by the always gracious Cel Dallmer. With all the food & fixin's that are a part of the spread, you can't go wrong for $5! Join us at the Oceanic Motel poolside for a delicious meal where the poolside bar will be open for business!

Post the SJKF social, head on over to the Friday night nite fly which is sure to be a hit once again – this year I'm told we'll be having a professional huge spot light to shine on the beautiful kites so come on out and be sure to get those inflatable's in the sky on Friday night along with our normal & customary sport kites and single liners!

The East Coast Sport Kite Competitions will take place all day Saturday and Sunday while I'm not a sport kite competitor myself, these folks do some awesome flying and you'll definitely want to find your way over to that field to see some amazing flyers, whether they fly individual, pairs or teams and precision or ballet!

Workshops will abound this year and presenters include Glenn Davison, Lindsey Johnson & Ronda Brewer, Scott Hampton, Jose Sainz, Cliff Quinn, Ron Gibian, Gary Engvall, Pete Dolphin, Barry "Baz" Poulter, Scott Skinner , Steve Santos and iQuad.

Speaking of Steve Santos, indoor flying and competition will once again take place! Between Steve, Pauly Berard and Archie Stewart, the spear headers of this aspect of the festival, we're sure to see some pretty amazing indoor flying!

You should SEE some of the awesome items that will be in the auction this year – as Robin of Batman & Robin would say "holy hopping snots, Batman"!!! Bring your cash, check or credit card because there's no way you'll want to leave home with them!

Have you heard about the banquet theme this year? It's the 60's and for many of us, well . . . let me just not go there!!! That's when we had a heck of a lot more hair, didn't have as many worries and when Woodstock kicked butt. As I recall, "safety meetings" were around a ton then also – I guess some things never change! J Speaking of the banquet, make sure you attend in your best dressed 60's attire as a prize will be awarded for the most natural (no, not birthday suit) costume. Alive Archives is yet again producing another fabulous movie piece for banquet attendees so be sure to get your ticket if you haven't already purchased one – as I write, we are almost maxed out for our head count.

But wait, there's more . . .

Following the banquet our friend Jim Christianson of Go Fly A Kite and his band, Donkey Hotey, will be performing live at the Oceanic Motel's bar AND, if you pre register, you too will be provided with free, yes free, drink tickets for your beverage consumption, compliments of Go Fly A Kite!

Monday brings the World Indoor Sport Kite Competition followed by Tricks Party – both events are not to be missed! This is a calmer day at the festival which allows you the opportunity to see both events without being rushed for anything else!

The event program will be available on site though other fun activities include the Learn To Fly field, Rokkaku battles, Fighter Kite challenges, kids candy drops, running of the bols, shot car races and the Monday night dinner (for those of us who aren't ready to get back to reality) followed by the Monday night tram car ride. Whew, what a festival this will be!!!

On a bit of an operations note, NEW this year and to the happiness of many a kite flyer, we will have a locked port-a-pottie for kite flyer's only on site near the Rio Grande Ave. festival field / parking lot area – see your registration package for information (and when you see Cliff Quinn, thank him for the suggestion!).

Also new this year, all flyer's MUST be registered to fly on our fields. Non-competition registration is FREE and a registration form must be completed and signed thereby acknowledging the waiver and understanding of safety on, around and off the flying fields. Neon wristbands will be provided once the registration form is completed and must be worn throughout the festival (pre registered attendees will find wristbands in their registration package). Folks not sporting the neon wristband will be asked to complete the registration form and should they choose not to, will be asked to remove themselves from the field. Please note, this is a safety issue and while we want everyone to thoroughly enjoy themselves, we are requesting mutual respect in acknowledging our requirement.

Once again this year we will have a kite sales vendor at our festival – our kite sales vendor sponsors this event – if there is a kite that our vendor sells, please do not exchange monies for sales for that same-manufactured kite on our beach.

If you have not pre registered, please do so asap – pre registered attendees will be included in a prize raffle! You may either submit your registration via snail mail (which must be received no later than Monday, May 19) or you may print, complete, scan and send to me via email. If you are competing in the ECSKC and are flying pairs or team, please be sure to include the pairs / team name and members.

Lastly, to ALL of the WIKF operations team – I would like to publicly acknowledge you and share my heartfelt thanks in saying that without YOU this festival would not be the enormous success that it is. You pour your heart & soul into assisting Sky Festivals and I personally want you to know how very grateful I am to each and every one of you – thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Until we see each other in a couple of weeks, be well and travel safely – I so look forward to seeing you all and having a wonderful time with my kiting family!

Warm regards,

Beatrix

#27 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:14 PM

man this is gonna be a blast .. i just found out that on sunday night im going to see larry the cable guy :kid_devlish: now my weekend is complete

#28 Sky Festival Productions

Sky Festival Productions

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:40 PM

Hi everyone!

Well, with just one week (for me!) before the Wildwoods International Kite Festival- WIKF - I’m dropping you this line to highlight some of the festival’s events and to share some information with all of you. There’s so much going on I don’t know where to start!

Guests this year include some of our normal suspects such as Ron Gibian, , Gary Engvall, Jose Sainz, Pete Dolphin, Barry Poulter, Dave Gomberg, Al Sparling and Mike Agner. Some not-so-usual suspects include Scott Hampton (travel compliments of SJKF!), Scott Skinner, Dean Jordan, Phil McConnachie of Australia and Lindsey Johnson & Ronda Brewer (compliments of the Drachen Foundation!). There’ll be a couple of traction kiters for sure this time around between Dean Jordan and AJ Jackson, so watch out! And of course the guest list wouldn’t be complete without mentioning the infamous team iQuad – Rev Games and the Rev Mega Fly are sure to be a hit!

The Friday night feast will once again be hosted by the ever popular SJKF headed by the always gracious Cel Dallmer. With all the food & fixin’s that are a part of the spread, you can’t go wrong for $5! Join us at the Oceanic Motel poolside for a delicious meal where the poolside bar will be open for business!

Post the SJKF social, head on over to the Friday night nite fly which is sure to be a hit once again – this year I’m told we’ll be having a professional huge spot light to shine on the beautiful kites so come on out and be sure to get those inflatable’s in the sky on Friday night along with our normal & customary sport kites and single liners!

The East Coast Sport Kite Competitions will take place all day Saturday and Sunday while I’m not a sport kite competitor myself, these folks do some awesome flying and you’ll definitely want to find your way over to that field to see some amazing flyers, whether they fly individual, pairs or teams and precision or ballet!

Workshops will abound this year and presenters include Glenn Davison, Lindsey Johnson & Ronda Brewer, Scott Hampton, Jose Sainz, Cliff Quinn, Ron Gibian, Gary Engvall, Pete Dolphin, Barry “Baz” Poulter, Scott Skinner , Steve Santos and iQuad.

Speaking of Steve Santos, indoor flying and competition will once again take place! Between Steve, Pauly Berard and Archie Stewart, the spear headers of this aspect of the festival, we’re sure to see some pretty amazing indoor flying!

You should SEE some of the awesome items that will be in the auction this year – as Robin of Batman & Robin would say “holy hopping snots, Batman”!!! Bring your cash, check or credit card because there’s no way you’ll want to leave home with them!

Have you heard about the banquet theme this year? It’s the 60’s and for many of us, well . . . let me just not go there!!! That’s when we had a heck of a lot more hair, didn’t have as many worries and when Woodstock kicked butt. As I recall, “safety meetings” were around a ton then also – I guess some things never change! J Speaking of the banquet, make sure you attend in your best dressed 60’s attire as a prize will be awarded for the most natural (no, not birthday suit) costume. Alive Archives is yet again producing another fabulous movie piece for banquet attendees so be sure to get your ticket if you haven’t already purchased one – as I write, we are almost maxed out for our head count.

But wait, there’s more . . .

Following the banquet our friend Jim Christianson of Go Fly A Kite and his band, Donkey Hotey, will be performing live at the Oceanic Motel’s bar AND, if you pre register, you too will be provided with free, yes free, drink tickets for your beverage consumption, compliments of Go Fly A Kite!

Monday brings the World Indoor Sport Kite Competition followed by Tricks Party – both events are not to be missed! This is a calmer day at the festival which allows you the opportunity to see both events without being rushed for anything else!

The event program will be available on site though other fun activities include the Learn To Fly field, Rokkaku battles, Fighter Kite challenges, kids candy drops, running of the bols, shot car races and the Monday night dinner (for those of us who aren’t ready to get back to reality) followed by the Monday night tram car ride. Whew, what a festival this will be!!!

On a bit of an operations note, NEW this year and to the happiness of many a kite flyer, we will have a locked port-a-pottie for kite flyer’s only on site near the Rio Grande Ave. festival field / parking lot area – see your registration package for information (and when you see Cliff Quinn, thank him for the suggestion!).

Also new this year, all flyer’s MUST be registered to fly on our fields. Non-competition registration is FREE and a registration form must be completed and signed thereby acknowledging the waiver and understanding of safety on, around and off the flying fields. Neon wristbands will be provided once the registration form is completed and must be worn throughout the festival (pre registered attendees will find wristbands in their registration package). Folks not sporting the neon wristband will be asked to complete the registration form and should they choose not to, will be asked to remove themselves from the field. Please note, this is a safety issue and while we want everyone to thoroughly enjoy themselves, we are requesting mutual respect in acknowledging our requirement.

Once again this year we will have a kite sales vendor at our festival – our kite sales vendor sponsors this event – if there is a kite that our vendor sells, please do not exchange monies for sales for that same-manufactured kite on our beach.

If you have not pre registered, please do so asap – pre registered attendees will be included in a prize raffle! You may either submit your registration via snail mail (which must be received no later than Monday, May 19) or you may print, complete, scan and send to me via email. If you are competing in the ECSKC and are flying pairs or team, please be sure to include the pairs / team name and members.

Lastly, to ALL of the WIKF operations team – I would like to publicly acknowledge you and share my heartfelt thanks in saying that without YOU this festival would not be the enormous success that it is. You pour your heart & soul into assisting Sky Festivals and I personally want you to know how very grateful I am to each and every one of you – thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Until we see each other in a couple of weeks, be well and travel safely – I so look forward to seeing you all and having a wonderful time with my kiting family!

Warm regards,

Beatrix

#29 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:04 PM

Ok, I am officially getting excited now!

Lolly says I'll have my Power Blast back in time to take with me to Wildwood. The trailer has been given it's spring cleaning. I just finished a set of kite stakes (sniff, sniff, these are to replace my missing IQuad stake). My "honorary team member" shirt arrived on Monday, and it's almost close enough that I can start watching the weather to check on wind conditions in Wildwood.

I am hoping for mid 70's, 8 - 10 mph winds off the water, mega flies, Rev Games and last but definitely not least kite friends!

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#30 Dennis-OLO-H

Dennis-OLO-H
  • Forum Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:19 PM

Gee thanks Bea, I see I've been dropped from the list of featured / invited flyers oh well may put something big up or---- not?!?! You all Know better than that! OLO is dying to get out of the bag and into the air again at the "Woods". Can't wait!!

#31 brad

brad

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:30 PM

the days are counting down

#32 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:31 PM

I am getting totally revved up :rev_clockwork: :rev_clockwork: :rev_clockwork: :rev_clockwork: :rev_clockwork:

I hope I can handle my part in the mega fly!!! That's going to be so cooool to see.... and to hang with so many with the same passion for these kites....wow :sq-thumbs:
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#33 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:32 AM

im gonna go there today for my lunch break .. the weather is gonna be sunny and 70 so i good hour of flying will work for me.... just a little teaser for you all :kid_devlish:

#34 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:50 AM

im gonna go there today for my lunch break .. the weather is gonna be sunny and 70 so i good hour of flying will work for me.... just a little teaser for you all :kid_devlish:

And you wonder why we beat you with SLE rods?

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#35 monkey

monkey

Rev Guru

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:49 AM

And you wonder why we beat you with SLE rods?

-Alden

Thanks for reminding me, i'll pack one...
:sign_kitelife:
David Hathaway, Revisionist
-~ REVisions
-~ www.simian-studios.ca
-~ www.teamiquad.com
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis!

#36 Kitezen

Kitezen

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:28 AM

OK, me too, I'll bring my 1.5 SLE. Don't want to be left out. Give me something to think about while I am on the windless ballfield. Here's for having all the wind Antman.

#37 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:35 AM

OK, me too, I'll bring my 1.5 SLE. Don't want to be left out. Give me something to think about while I am on the windless ballfield. Here's for having all the wind Antman.

Hehehehehe!

I hear you on "the windless ballfield"! I'm Soooo looking forward to those Wildwood beach winds...lemmetellya!

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#38 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:48 AM

Hehehehehe!

I hear you on "the windless ballfield"! I'm Soooo looking forward to those Wildwood beach winds...lemmetellya!

We need a cartoonist that can draw a Batman style cartoon. Antman getting hit with and SLE and the largest part of the cartoon is the sound bubble that says "Thwaaaacckkkkkkk!".

:kid_devlish:

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#39 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:00 PM

well just to get it going i went there today for a few hours after work .. i just got in and man what a nice breeze .. t shirt shorts and some cold beer what a great afternoon .. now i head over to the lobster house with the family for great seafood dinner

#40 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:04 PM

well just to get it going i went there today for a few hours after work .. i just got in and man what a nice breeze .. t shirt shorts and some cold beer what a great afternoon .. now i head over to the lobster house with the family for great seafood dinner

Awwwww Maaaaaaan! Good Flying ~AND~ The Lobster House! I love that place!

<-- Soooo Jealous!

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users