• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 alnegri

alnegri
  • Forum Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:53 AM

Hi.
How much wind do the Laser 90 lb lines support?
And the 150 lb?
Thanks

#2 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:15 AM

This depends more on the kite than anything else. For a vented, of course, the maximum wind speed is higher than on a std.

Frankly, I think that as long as u are not flying a blast, or one of the speed series, there is really no need for 150# lines. If the wind is so strong that it requires that u use 150# lines, then the kite will fly very twichy because of the amount of wind pounding on it. I would just stop flying, or buy a vented if u are using a std.

to answer your question plain and simple, I don't know. I only ever use 90# lines, and they have never broken on me due to too much wind.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 steveb

steveb

Occasional Poseur

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:56 AM

The load is shared by four lines, so 90# is good for most winds short of power kiting.

#4 jay

jay

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:03 AM

I have flown an EXP in gale force winds on 90lb LPG's thought the kite was going to snap, thought I was going to take off as well must admit had to run a bit to stay on the ground.
I am by no means or by any sense of the imagination a good flyer only flew the kite then because it was in the boot and the tide was out so no fishing, it was the first time I had the kite in the air for more than a couple of secounds. Big Big smile on the face.
Tight Lines
Jade

http://www.kiteworld.co.uk/

#5 alnegri

alnegri
  • Forum Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:34 PM

thanks a lot

#6 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:30 AM

Never pinged a line yet of 90lb and flown in allsorts with a 1.5 vented.You may find they do stretch a little after a good Hurricane session.The top lines will be slightly longer than the bottoms.Either swop them or equalise them.

BRIAN...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users