Rods on the front or back side?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 reving sonic

reving sonic
  • Forum Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:49 AM

I have just got a rev kite i were haveing so many probs with it.to start with there is no bridles just washers i put the bars on the front and all my rev would do is go up and flip farwads. so iput the bars on the back side and now im rocking the only prob im having now is i can stop but not go backwards or revers hover. and im sorry about my spelling lol

#22 oapbillf

oapbillf

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:23 AM

Hi Reving Sonic,

Get yourself over to Ferry Meadows, Peterborough and link up with " Great Ouse Kite Fliers "  http://www.gokf.co.uk/  and there you will find Rev fliers who will give you all the advice you need !ani_victory.gif

Bill

#23 lylenc

lylenc
  • Forum Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

Welcome to the forum reving sonic. It seems like you need more brake in the line set-up, longer top lines relative to bottom lines. Assuming all four lines are the same length, use pigtails (short bridle lines with about six knots every 1/2" and larks headed to the top of the handles) to lengthen the top lines and putting more brake into the set-up. Larkshead the top lines further out on the pigtails until you reach a comfortable setting for your wrist to make forward, hover, and reverse inputs.

PS:  Forgot you said there's no bridle, until reading below. Adjusting brake won't help until you get one.

"Just One More"
Craig
Walla Walla, WA

#24 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

No bridles?? You trying to fly an Indoor, outdoor? Every outdoor Rev that I know has a bridle, unless removed! You would be well served to meet up with other fliers, let them check out your equipment, make suggestions, maybe let you fly some of their kites to compare! Good luck!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#25 Dayhiker

Dayhiker

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

Hmm, more variations to try.  And I will, why not?  I think it will be interesting to put one vertical on the front & one on the back & see if I can fly it.  My first Rev was partially disassembled when I got it but somehow I put it together correctly.  Good karma, right?

May the forest be with you

"I live back in the woods, you see
A woman & the kids, & the dogs & me"

Bocephus

#26 makatakam

makatakam

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:41 PM

I like to put my upright spars where the outer horizontals were, and put those on the back side of the kite upside-down. This configuration always gives me the best control possible. Oh, and don't forget to reverse the polarity of the middle horizontal.

Good luck and keep smiling!

Mark

Posted Image

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go."
CSN&Y

#27 makatakam

makatakam

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

Sorry, I almost forgot. When you change the polarity of the center horizontal, this induces a magnetic recoil in the upper 100% of the bridle. To counteract this force you will need to switch the upper flying lines with the lower, and the left lines with the right at both the kite and handle ends.

Thank you, and keep smiling.

Mark

Posted Image

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go."
CSN&Y

#28 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

Might need to grease the muffler bearing......!ani_idea.gif

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#29 pond44

pond44
  • Forum Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

I forgot to tell you (Mark) at first I thought you you were just being right stupid with the polarity thing but I tried it and OMG it works, makes so much difference and you can fly so much closer to the edge of the window.

There is one thing that you didn't mention, and that is that you need to change the compass setting to true north on you iPhone first or it won't work.

"The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas".ani_idea.gif

#30 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

cat_shocked.gif cat_shocked.gif cat_shocked.gif ....... Ben 

#31 makatakam

makatakam

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

Might need to grease the muffler bearing......!ani_idea.gif

This only works on 1962 and older Volkswagen Beetles. For newer land and air vehicles the muffler bearing has been replaced by a simple bushing which is permanently lubricated, but because of the bushing upgrade one must pay attention to the roll-bar gyroscope. It is essential to keep the intake bearings properly lubricated. This is especially important in airborne vehicles such as the Revolution kites, and any other quad-line kites. It not critical on dualies, but will noticeably improve performance.

SLK's are a completely different critter! I'm not even going to try dipping into that at this time.

Mark

Posted Image

CSN&Y

#32 makatakam

makatakam

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

I forgot to tell you (Mark) at first I thought you you were just being right stupid with the polarity thing but I tried it and OMG it works, makes so much difference and you can fly so much closer to the edge of the window.

There is one thing that you didn't mention, and that is that you need to change the compass setting to true north on you iPhone first or it won't work.

Yes, you are absolutely correct! However, you must pay particular attention to the direction of the wind.....setting your polarity parallel to the wind direction will allow flying much closer to the edge of the window, but only to one side, either left or right, depending on the direction of the wind, i.e., north or south. Setting the compass at either right angle to the wind's direction will allow equal reach to both sides of the window, although to a lesser extent. 

Try it, you'll like it!

Is it April yet?

Mark

Posted Image

CSN&Y

#33 makatakam

makatakam

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

cat_shocked.gif cat_shocked.gif cat_shocked.gif ....... Ben 

Ok, Ben. You can get off the floor  now. (Do your ribs ache?)

Mark

Posted Image

CSN&Y

#34 pond44

pond44
  • Forum Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:28 AM

Yes, you are absolutely correct! However, you must pay particular attention to the direction of the wind.....setting your polarity parallel to the wind direction will allow flying much closer to the edge of the window, but only to one side, either left or right, depending on the direction of the wind, i.e., north or south. Setting the compass at either right angle to the wind's direction will allow equal reach to both sides of the window, although to a lesser extent. 

Try it, you'll like it!

Is it April yet?

OK I will try your suggestion but there is one thing which might make it difficult, I am in the southern hemisphere so I assume it will all be the reverse or upside down???

I'll let you know.mf_party.gif

"The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas".ani_idea.gif

#35 SparkieRob

SparkieRob

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

OK I will try your suggestion but there is one thing which might make it difficult, I am in the southern hemisphere so I assume it will all be the reverse or upside down???
I'll let you know.Posted Image

"reverse or upside down", just inverted...

"Inbetween heaven and earth, there are kites."

#36 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

Perhaps using a mirror to watch the kite might do the trick.
Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

#37 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

#38 makatakam

makatakam

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

Definitely! It is ALL done with mirrors.

Mark

Posted Image

CSN&Y

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users