#1 Clin

Clin

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:57 AM

Hi,
I love my B-series std and the 1.5 vented. However, the Segdwick Rev 1 is giving me a little problem :blue-confused: . It tends to oversteer and carries a lot of inertia during turns. Precision drops and I find is more difficult to have snappy, precise control. Vertical hovers require much more attention to keep steady. It tends to sag at the wind edges when flying horizontally across the window. It's just more tiring overall to fly than a 1.5 as I have to watch not to overcook turns.

Is that a characteristic of the Rev 1 or is that my technique issue? Does it require much more elaborate actions? I fly with the B-series handles and either 4wrap or 2wrap LE. I've tried various settings on the pigtails but none seems to offer a sweet spot.

Any pointers?
Cheers

Clin

#2 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:30 AM

the rev 1 is a slow graceful kite designed for simple ballet type moves as i have seen man ballet routines done well with rev 1 kites.. you wont get the speed like a 1.5 because the 1 is a much bigger kite .. the leading edge is more flexible because of the longer leading edge.. its a great kite to fly in light winds.. i do like the 3 wrap le with 2 wrap down rods the best for that kite
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#3 steveb

steveb

Occasional Poseur

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:13 AM

The Rev I is a different animal and it takes some time to get used to its response.
Just watch some of John Barressi's older routines with his blue fade Rev I to see what it is capable of.
It does require a firmer hand than the Rev 1.5 or Rev II- it can feel like a bit of a truck at first, but once you get the inputs right, it is a beautiful flier.
I'd recommend using lighter sticks than the 4 Wraps, unless the winds are blowing.

#4 MrDenny

MrDenny

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:53 AM

Give the 1 more flying time and I think you will fall in love with it. I feel like neither kite is better, they are just different. When the wind is under 5 I usually take the opportunity to go right to the Sedgwick Rev 1. I have mine set up with 2 wrap and the lighter bridle. It is a bigger kite and I have to tell it to turn not suggest it like a 1.5. I also have to tell it to stop turning. I got 2nd Rev 1 this week and flew it in a bit more wind with the standard 4 wrap and bridle and it was fun too. It's nice to have even more choices in the bag. I have said it before, I feel like learning to fly different Revs has make me a better flier on each.

Denny #12

.. .

Posted Image

#5 Clin

Clin

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 09:42 PM

ok, I guess I'll persevere with the Rev 1 and work refine my technique for it.

Ant, is the 3wrap a special order?

Cheers
Clin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users