• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 alnegri

alnegri
  • Forum Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:12 PM

Hi.
I just bought a Rev Indoor. The handles have 3 knots on the top.
As there wasn't a manual in the bag, I ask you: how to use them?
Thanks.
Alberto

#2 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:15 PM

You use them to adjust the amount of forward drive the kite has to your preference. If you larks head your flying lines to the knot furthest from the handle the kite will have more break and less forward drive, and vica versa. Experiment as you are getting to grips with your new kite and see what you prefer.

There should be a thread round here somewhere about handle adjustment/handle leaders/pig tails, although it won't necessarily be about indoors (not that it would be a problem - the theory is the same for all rev kites)
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#3 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:22 PM

Here something to get you started.

http://www.revkites....p?showtopic=232

By the way, I may be wrong, but your post about line lengths and this post give the impression you are new to flying revs. If this is the case you have certainly set yourself a challenge learning indoors flying first - good for you! You may want to look out for the "Light winds technique" DVD which, although not about indoors specifically, gives some useful tips on things you will need to know such as "the float". If I am way off mark about your rev experience, please ignore this comment and sorry. I just wanted to give you a pointer in case it was useful to you.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#4 alnegri

alnegri
  • Forum Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:54 AM

Thanks Jeremy for your suggestions.
Yes I am new to Rev.
I bought a 1.5 SLE a month ago and I am entusiast of it.
At the present time I can do Forward-Reverse, Slides horizz -vert, Horiz rev flight, tip landing, andvanced rev launch, float tecnique, but not rev hover and all the other tricks.
Unluckily at my spot the wind is really soft or absent, so I decided to buy an Indoor.
I like challeng :-)
I perfectly know the Light wind dvd and the Training dvd.
I read something about a new dvd made by by the Rev Staff available on future, but also about an old one.
I searched it on thr forum without success.
Can you help me?
The only one I found on the net is "Paolo Cerasa" at Cervia.
Thanks a lot.

Alberto

#5 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:45 AM

There are severall DVD's out there right now that I have personally seen.

1. B-series DVD, this video shows you some fancy advanced things and, you guessed it, it comes with the B-Series
2. Basic Training DVD, This video is a video to getyou started on how to fly revs. I think it used to come with the 1.5, but I'm not sure if they still include it or not.
3. Advanced Tecniques DVD, This video shows more advanced manouvers, but not quite like the B-series DVD, and came along with the Basic Training DVD.

As for the pigtails on the indoor handles, they are used to make adjustments to the flying characteristics of the kite. Try to play around with different knot combinations to see what you like, but remember that thetwo top lines should be in the same spot on their handles. The same goes for the botttom lines.

I now use my B-Series handles when flying indoors (it's just one less set of handles to carry around), but when I didi use the Indoor handles I would keep my lines on the end knots. This setting allows for good controllability, and will allow you to do some fancy 3D stuff when you are experienced enough to do so.

Remember that flying outdoors in 0 wind is a bit different than flying indoors. When indoors, there are no breeses or anything to affect your flying, which makes it a bit easier to do 180's and things like that indoors rather than outdoors.

When starting to fly indoors, it helped me to see some videos of others flying indoors so I could see what it is all about. Try searching on youtube for some rev indoor videos. I'd give you a link to one of my videos, but I'm at school right now, and Youtube is blocked. <_<

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#6 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:37 AM

I'm working on a new advanced Rev DVD, but it likely won't be available until next year.

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#7 alnegri

alnegri
  • Forum Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:50 AM

Thanks Watty.
Do you know if there is any way to buy just the B Series dvd without the kite?
It's funny there is not a training dvd like this amatorial video:
http://digidownload....chooDIVX300.avi
Alberto

#8 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:57 AM

Much of the tutorial stuff on the B-Series DVD is done with a similar picture in picture technique.

This DVD is only available with the B-Series, the kite configuration requires some "old" Rev fliers to relearn some of the techniques they'd been using.

We'll make it all worthwhile with the 2009 DVD, you have my word. ;)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users