• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dhumes

dhumes
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:47 PM

Greetings,

I fly mostly Speed Series Revs, primarily the Blast and sometimes the SS or vented SS.  I recently purchased a new Shockwave and have been having some problems.  First, the kite is very noisy.  Is this normal?  I have flown several Blasts and they are very quiet by comparison, and my SS is relatively quiet as well.  The shock cords seem to all be fairly tight, so I don't think that is the problem.  I am not a fan of noisy kites, so I hope this is not a design "feature."

The other issue is that it does not want to fly in a straight line.  During horizontal, high speed flight, it bobs up and down.  It seems to track OK at low speed.  It's possible that I'm overcontrolling the kite.  But, I can fly a straight line with the SS at full speed, and it's supposedly more twitchy the the SW.  So, I don't get it.  Any thoughts?

Dave

#2 CLTKiter

CLTKiter

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:46 AM

Hi Dave,

I have a Shockwave (an older, all fabric kite), and it, too is somewhat noisy.  Actually, probably the noisiest of the lot.  And I DID have some problem with it not flying in a straignt line.  What I did is to borrow someone else's Shockwave and carefully measured all the line lenghts on the bridle.  I found that there were VERY SLIGHT differences in the lengths of the bridle measurements.  For example, the left side and right side may have been 1/8" or 1/4" off.  I used the other person's Shockwave to see which one was correct.  I carefully adjusted the lengths and retied the knots.  Afterward, it flew much better.  Another thing I did was to fly with less "gas" or more "brake" by adjusting the lower connections on my handles by about an inch.  The SW now flies much better and somewhat quieter.

Good flying,
Doug
W.A.C.K.O.S. - Wings Across Carolina Kiting and Okra Society

#3 dhumes

dhumes
  • Forum Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:18 PM

Doug,

Did you by any chance record the measurements for your SW bridle?  

--Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users