20 replies to this topic

#1 clare

clare

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:18 PM

Just having saved enough of my pockety money up to be able to finally the long coverted proper rev bag, Ive had a good spring clean and sort of the kites and having only 4 of them have found I have some empty pockets in my new bag!

So, with 2 vented, one b series and one SUL, what would folk recommend to complete my collection and fill my bag to bursting?

tia clare x

ps whats the flappy bit on the right hand side thats velcroed all the way down the side designed for?

#2 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:12 PM

Just having saved enough of my pockety money up to be able to finally the long coverted proper rev bag, Ive had a good spring clean and sort of the kites and having only 4 of them have found I have some empty pockets in my new bag!

So, with 2 vented, one b series and one SUL, what would folk recommend to complete my collection and fill my bag to bursting?

tia clare x

ps whats the flappy bit on the right hand side thats velcroed all the way down the side designed for?

Clare....

The flappy bit on the right in my bag is used to keep my spare bridles, end caps, leaders etc etc

Not wishing to put a negative spin on your new purchase but personally I'm a tad disappointed with the rev bag design... none of the pockets fit the handles properly and the fold over flap lacks any adjustment (vertical velcro rather then horizontal would have helped) ..... my big horror today was that my new PowerBlast arrived and despite the literature saying "One space is extra large to accommodate the new POWER BLAST" the kite is too long to close the flap properly!!

Anyway.... Im carrying I vented B, 1.5 SLE, SSonic, 2 x Shockwave and PB 2~4 .... If I was you I'd prob get something from the speed/power series for a bit of a yahoo once in a while... either a vented SS or (because its new to me and I love it) a 2~4 ....

and did I mention I'm a bit 'dark' about the bag??

#3 steveb

steveb

Occasional Poseur

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:05 PM

You're well covered for the 1.5 size- how about a Rev II or Rev I?

#4 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:46 PM

i use a beachchair bag .. it holds 11 kites perfectly in a small space witch is great for travel and for the summer months when i have to walk a few blocks to fly at my local spots.. small and lightweight
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#5 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:38 PM

my big horror today was that my new PowerBlast arrived and despite the literature saying "One space is extra large to accommodate the new POWER BLAST" the kite is too long to close the flap properly!!

Bag??? My Power Blast won't even fit in the trunk of my Mini! So, it doesn't even go in the rev bag, it gets a spot in the back seat. Good thing the bag it came in is black, that way it blends with my black seat covers so I am less worried about leaving it back there.

I guess I could start driving my truck all the time again but then I couldn't afford any more kites. Or food, housing, clothes,....

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#6 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:43 PM

I use mine to store my dogstake. ;)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#7 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:21 PM

That's odd. Mine doesn't have a flappy thing that would be big enough for a dog steak. I have a small flappy thing which I keep me weights and a list of my practice routines in.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#8 clare

clare

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:22 PM

Not wishing to put a negative spin on your new purchase but personally I'm a tad disappointed with the rev bag design... none of the pockets fit the handles properly and the fold over flap lacks any adjustment (vertical velcro rather then horizontal would have helped) ..... my big horror today was that my new PowerBlast arrived and despite the literature saying "One space is extra large to accommodate the new POWER BLAST" the kite is too long to close the flap properly!!

Ive noticed this about handles too, but assumed I was being a bit daft and would eventually work out which pocket was intended for them.

i actua;; use a beachchair bag ..

Thats a wonderful idea, and has the added bonus of just looking like a chair to potential theives. Kit bags atract attention.

#9 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:07 PM

OK, handles ground stakes etc in the outside pocket.

The flap holds bridles, stack lines, spares and anything else I can stuff in it.

The Kites, you just GOT to get a Rev 1, Sedgwick, full sail and vented of course. And a Rev 2.

Also a SuperSonic.

Then a Progressive Stack of course.

And a Blast.

Need I go on.

Clare you get what you LIKE, I defo suggest a Rev 1 and 2. I also carry a few dual lines in the bag, and my Bai of course. The Revs dont mind, much.

#10 ramakristan

ramakristan

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:43 PM

I like the original Rev bag but I find at $120 a bit expensive for me, so I ended up sewing a bag which can handles over 15 Rev kites more or less like the Rev for my personal use.
Took me about 3 days to get it all done, all my hard work sewing away, phewwwww and very glad it is all over, no more sewing bag for me permanent, hahhah.
It can even hold 3 sets of handles and lots of lines as well incl stakes and my favourite hat.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2674.JPG

#11 big bri

big bri

BRIAN...

• Forum Member
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:09 PM

Nice job on the bag.

BRIAN...

#12 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:28 PM

I like the original Rev bag but I find at $120 a bit expensive for me, so I ended up sewing a bag which can handles over 15 Rev kites more or less like the Rev for my personal use.
Took me about 3 days to get it all done, all my hard work sewing away, phewwwww and very glad it is all over, no more sewing bag for me permanent, hahhah.
It can even hold 3 sets of handles and lots of lines as well incl stakes and my favourite hat.

Do you take PayPal or Credit cards??

#13 ramakristan

ramakristan

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:13 AM

Thanks Brian.
I nearly gave up sewing the bag but perseverance kept me going, can't stop now, half done and I will see my fruit of the day when it is done and it did.

No Jonesey, I do not have a Pay Pal or Credit account, thanks for the offer anyway.
Man, I could make some money out of it, stop dreaming, wake up to reality, okay woke up already !!
The long shoulder handle is from my luggage bag, use whatever is available, hopefully my wife do not recognised it or I will be in deep s###$%t.
Cheers

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2702.JPG
  • IMG_2697.JPG
  • IMG_2683.JPG

#14 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:48 AM

Thanks Brian.
I nearly gave up sewing the bag but perseverance kept me going, can't stop now, half done and I will see my fruit of the day when it is done and it did.

No Jonesey, I do not have a Pay Pal or Credit account, thanks for the offer anyway.
Man, I could make some money out of it, stop dreaming, wake up to reality, okay woke up already !!
The long shoulder handle is from my luggage bag, use whatever is available, hopefully my wife do not recognised it or I will be in deep s###$%t.
Cheers

Just trying to save myself some work! ... In a previous life I was a sailmaker (well I worked for several sailmakers never really got my hands that dirty) and still have several clients in that world so think I will be calling in some favours and spending a bit of time in the sail loft.... was thinking of modifying the old supersonic I just bought second hand off the Fractured Axcel forum to a vented so I may have to finally learn to use a sewing machine properly!

#15 ramakristan

ramakristan

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:56 AM

Oh no, don't changed your just bought Super Sonic to vented, try it out first and see whether you need vented or not, should not be a problem in strong wind, good workout.
For my Shockwave, in strong wind, man it can really pull me, can feel my arms extended by an inch lately.
All my sewing lessons learnt from the Net after I bought a 2nd Singer sewing machine.

#16 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:18 AM

Oh no, don't changed your just bought Super Sonic to vented, try it out first and see whether you need vented or not, should not be a problem in strong wind, good workout.
For my Shockwave, in strong wind, man it can really pull me, can feel my arms extended by an inch lately.
All my sewing lessons learnt from the Net after I bought a 2nd Singer sewing machine.

I have 2 shockwaves + the 2~4 so not short of 'grunt'... flew Sailor99's supersonic the other day and thought it was silky smooth compared to the shockwaves so would be nice in big breezes... Will have a look when it arrives and if sail is ok I may just buy a vented 'sail only' so I have the option ... or if its really tired it may still go under the knife!

Seem to have a lot more power in my bag then I ever planned (Damn you ebay!) ... must buy some more 'B's...

#17 Kitezen

Kitezen

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:07 AM

tia clare x

I use that flap for my ground stake. I would highly recommend a rev II. I do not have a vented kite yet, so the II is my high wind kite.

#18 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:34 AM

tia clare x

They way I have everything set up is with my handles and stakes in the outside pocket. All my finger lights, extra bungees, etc. go in the flappy thing. Eventually I hope that I will fill my bag with 2 rev indoors, a rev 1.5 sul and vtd, a b-series std. and vented, a rev one std and vented, and a Rev S std. and vented. It will be my competition bag.

Also, right now I only use the handles that came with my B-series and sometimes the ones I got with my 1.5, so I only ever have two handle sets with me.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#19 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:18 AM

Nice job on the bag.

BRIAN...

Very nice job on the bag.

Saw the thumbnail and thought, "That guy's organised" and clicked on it to see how it's done, thought "that looks different to my bag, they must have made some big improvements to the design".

Then I went back and read the post.

That's how a Rev bag should be laid out.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#20 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:51 AM

It is indeed a tidy and well thought out bag.

Nice one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users