47 replies to this topic

#41 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:30 PM

Got out a pair of handles I don't use much today (They have extra long top tails so I use them in higher winds). Sure enough the rings started to pull out. Will be attacking them with pliers tomorrow - 2.99 from B&Q
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#42 Alain

Alain
  • Forum Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:02 PM

hello,

Here my Christmas gift ... I played a bit with the resin and Dremel. I am inspired by the latch and nuts Prism is an effective solution. I change my settings very quickly. I have no problem with brakes that tangle. Already a few hours and not worry visibly wear friction across nodes.
Posted Image

#43 Alain

Alain
  • Forum Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:03 PM

Otherwise, my first bet of revo 1.5 with a modified tube 12mm anodized aluminum. To keep the tube on the stainless steel handles, I can simply force (see no evil) at the elbow that can begin to ready the bottom of the foam.
Posted Image
and I am sorry for my English

Edited by Alain, 22 July 2009 - 03:05 PM.

#44 Stephen Hoath

Stephen Hoath

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:10 AM

~Now this is a nice idea. I would like to see another photo of the leaders after you have flown with them some more please.

Alain, do you still fly the morpho (i think it was called) the split centre quad line kite that tricks like a dual liner?

Edited by Stephen Hoath, 24 July 2009 - 12:11 AM.

Stephen Hoath

<a href="http://www.baidesign.net" rel="nofollow">Bai Design</a>

cappalatte-150x90.jpg

#45 Alain

Alain
  • Forum Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 02:08 PM

~Now this is a nice idea. I would like to see another photo of the leaders after you have flown with them some more please.

Alain, do you still fly the morpho (i think it was called) the split centre quad line kite that tricks like a dual liner?

Hello Stephen,
Yes I would do pictures after the season to see viellisement.
If you speak of Morpho, quadlines, yes I still work but very slowly.

#46 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:33 PM

When I removed my clips I inserted a plastic Rawlplug in each end of the handles. Then a round head screw into the Rawlplugs. Make sure you use screws not threaded right to the head. Leave 2 or 3mm of clearance between Rawlplug and screwhead. Feed the cords through the end caps, lark headed the cord to the raised screws and ightened the screws as necesssary and replace the end caps.

I did mine over 2 years ago and have been using them ever since without problems, the lip at the top of the Rawlplugs protects the cord from any sharp edges on the ends of the tube and once you tighten the screws any movement is negligible and without movement there is no wear.

Just in case "Rawlplug" doesn't translate across the Atlantic click here.

Just finished modifying my handles exactly this way!! Works like a charm!! Now to test them out in some good wind off the Oregon coast, and see if they hold up under the conditions!!! Only changed the length by 1/2" overall, since I'm not a pro (yet) I doubt I will notice any difference!!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#47 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:28 AM

i have a set of clipless handles from walt that i got 2 years ago.. not directly from walt but he made them .. they are the best handles ive ever used.. im in the works on another idea sice my last one was a flop
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#48 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:47 AM

Just got back and those handles worked beautifully!!! Will be using this method on more after they made it through this session!!! Thanks for the inspiration to tinker with what is a great idea!!! :) Also just used them on a light wind day and they were great !! Put a race frame in my old Rev 1 and turned a so -so day into a learning adventure!!!

Edited by stroke victim, 31 July 2010 - 09:23 PM.

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users