83 replies to this topic

#61 Kitezen

Kitezen

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:40 AM

No 'pre-nup' so technically I only own half of it at most ;)

Possesion is 9/10ths of the law, so hide the kites.

#62 Timeout

Timeout
  • Forum Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

I was setup. My good friend and his girlfriend said that they knew a guy that was single and would be at a Kite Shop in Annapolis Md. We met and our first date was the next day. I told her that I would be flying at the Washington Monument and she walked right up to me while I had a kite in the air and gave me a kiss. 20 years later, just this last weekend we went out to southern maryland to check out some antique shops and fly kites. For me it only gets better.
Posted ImageKeep the wind at your back

Fly Mesh. Fly Team. Fly 2.

Original Member of Wings Over Washington Kite Club

#63 Exile

Exile

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:23 PM

I was setup. My good friend and his girlfriend said that they knew a guy that was single and would be at a Kite Shop in Annapolis Md. We met and our first date was the next day. I told her that I would be flying at the Washington Monument and she walked right up to me while I had a kite in the air and gave me a kiss. 20 years later, just this last weekend we went out to southern maryland to check out some antique shops and fly kites. For me it only gets better.

Thats awesome!! Would be awesome to find someone that way.
KL# 881
RG# 558

#64 --Pete

--Pete

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:09 PM

After a couple of years, Eva declined to fly kites with me anymore. She said she didn't like being shouted at, but how else are you going to communicate with someone 200' away?

(Well, these days there are all kinds of portable electronics; didn't help back then, though.)
--Pete
(sesquipedalian man)

#65 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:59 PM

My wife just sits in the sun, reading, taking walks, and letting me fly pretty much as long as I can!! She may not like or understand kiting in general, but she does understand what it means to me!! Posted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#66 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:09 AM

Met my Mrs in Oct 2007 at a kite festival, flew together in a 48 flier mega fly that weekend in Tokyo.
Started dating in Apr 2008 at a kite festival in Uchinada.
Engaged in Nov 2008 at a kite festival in Tokyo.
TK immigrated in 2009.
Married with iQuad team members and another kite flier present in 2009.
Flew first team event together on iQuad in 2010.

Ups and downs, gusts and lulls, but ohhhh, what a flight. :blue-love:

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#67 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:37 AM

The first wife flew kites, ever since our college days together, still enjoys a tug on the string when it's handed to her.

The second one learned right quick kiting to me was also special, just as she is! The day after our wedding was the Smithsonian, so our honeymoon was spent in a hotel close-by to the DC Monument grounds. I fly kites all day, every Sunday, from "oh-dark:30" until around 4:00 PM. I'll also stop occasionally after work and fly for a couple of hours until daylight savings time has passed. My wife is cool with this time commitment, but I gave up golf and martial arts in '96 when she said I had too many darn activities away from our home.

I exist on a daily allowance, so I don't think anything my bride desires is out of reach. The reality is barbara runs the money in our household, otherwise we wouldn't have any at all! We will spend the day on the kite field together, but thousands of meters apart typically. She goes for the art kite, single liners, show-kite style and I'm a quad-head, probably chasing children & spectators if the weather is nice.

Barbara is widely known for her special sandwiches. She packs 'em up in cooler and it's sitting by the front door LONG before the sun comes up every sunday for almost a decade. Big two fisted suckers packed with great meats, cheeses, spreads on bakery special breads. Some friends request roll-ups, or have special diet restrictions. Barbara covers these folks too, labelled in zip-lok bags. Who else in the world would go to this much trouble and expense just so their mate enjoys it? My wife is the best gal in the entire world (even if I have to survive on $15 a day!)

I'm slowly unloading kites that I never use, even some masterpieces. It seems a shame for them not to be flown, but I'd carry twenty and only used 2. What good are all those extra stuffed kite bags? I'll hear more grief about the travel expenses than the price of a new Revolution. We do festivals, clinics, competitions and I used to enjoy sewing workshops too. I'm getting lazier in my senior years though. I'd rather pay Bazzer or Shook to make a kite for me, I'm not dumping the Pfaff nor my parts just in case.

My son Benjamin flies revs as well, he's 25 and living in Atlanta currently. Someday I'll get a crack at a grand-kid I hope so the flying tradition can be passed on to the next generation

#68 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:50 AM

Loving Barabara's sandwiches... They rock, so delish! :kid_smartass:

John Barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#69 tommylurvebus

tommylurvebus

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:03 PM

I often make (the wife) jokes even on this forum, but I have got to say " My Wife Jade is supportive, encouraging and at times slightly interested in my attachment to Rev Handles" x
tommy harrison

#70 Exile

Exile

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:18 PM

Met my Mrs in Oct 2007 at a kite festival, flew together in a 48 flier mega fly that weekend in Tokyo.
Started dating in Apr 2008 at a kite festival in Uchinada.
Engaged in Nov 2008 at a kite festival in Tokyo.
TK immigrated in 2009.
Married with iQuad team members and another kite flier present in 2009.
Flew first team event together on iQuad in 2010.

Ups and downs, gusts and lulls, but ohhhh, what a flight. :blue-love:

*ENVY!!!*
Finding someone like that with kites, or Falconry, probably falconry because it's more of a lifestyle, would be awesome! Lucky!
KL# 881
RG# 558

#71 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:55 PM

Just do what you love Exile.. that's what I do.. if someday it was meant to be, it will happen.. But I don't waste time waiting for someone to share that with.. life is too short and if it's meant to be, it will happen.. :) If you do what you love, you can't go wrong..

#72 --Pete

--Pete

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:31 PM

You can't make it happen. All you can do is be open to something like that happening.
--Pete
(sesquipedalian man)

#73 Exile

Exile

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:23 AM

OH I Know.. I just think that it would be awesome to meet someone in that fashion. It's hard to find someone that understands, and doesn't have an issues with the amount of time falconry requires.
It caused some big issues in my last relationship, and was one of the contributing factors as to why it ended. But onward to better things. And when she comes along, I'll be here, no matter what fashion I meet her in. But it would be cool to meet her like John met TK.
KL# 881
RG# 558

#74 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:39 PM

lol.. yeah I have joked about how I would run a match add.. wanted.. someone who understands why I love standing on a beach flying for 12 hours at a time, doesn't mind me showering with my revs, gets *kite time*.. etc..

Too much trouble to explain it all .. lol

#75 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:38 AM

lol.. yeah I have joked about how I would run a match add.. wanted.. someone who understands why I love standing on a beach flying for 12 hours at a time, doesn't mind me showering with my revs, gets *kite time*.. etc..

Too much trouble to explain it all .. lol

SHOWERING WITH YOUR REVS???? Posted Image Who'd understand that???? Posted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#76 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:54 AM

SHOWERING WITH YOUR REVS???? Posted Image Who'd understand that???? Posted Image

*whistling innocently*

John Barresi

#77 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:50 PM

lol yeah.. seee Except YOU GUYS LOL..

#78 katrina

katrina

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:50 PM

doesn't mind me showering with my revs, gets *kite time*.. etc..

You shower with your revs too? I thought I was the only one.
Wow, I just can't tell you how great it is to belong to a forum where people understand.

Posted Image

Just pretend all my statements are prefaced with IIRC, AFAIK, IMHO, and end with "Just my $.02," okay?
(And stop asking for cookies, all you new darkside converts! It was all just a ruse to get you here!)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#79 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:24 PM

Stares at pic.. eyes glazed over***...

huh? oh yeah.. I sure am glad for all you rev pals ... lol

#80 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:29 PM

Whomever says they have never showered with their Rev's is a liar!

Bart

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users