#41 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:33 AM

no way, you're the man of her dreams!

she has everything she needed except a whole forest full of insects to annoy her. It's not about the field or kites, it's about her comfort. You gotta' "sell it" a little bit.

#42 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:04 AM

no way, you're the man of her dreams!

she has everything she needed except a whole forest full of insects to annoy her. It's not about the field or kites, it's about her comfort. You gotta' "sell it" a little bit.

Thought I might take the opportunity to gift the rest of the family their own personal Rev's and we can all fly into the sunset together... think sunset over the vineyards, crickets singing, Wine, cheese and bread waiting on the veranda, Rev's entwined in the clouds.....

Yeah right!

#43 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:04 PM

guess which one I booked!!

Am I doomed??

Jonesey, Jonesey, Jonesey *shake head*. Dead Meat.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#44 podlasek

podlasek
  • Forum Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:19 AM

Boy, I'm late to this topic.

Having been written up in a few newspapers and local magazines from the midwest to the southeast including Southern Living the Carolina version regarding flying kites and how my Wife and I met.

To Sum up the lengthy story, First I've been flying kites for the second time since the late 80's. Was going to a Kite Festival in Wayne NE in the early 90's, a buddy who wanted to tag along was asking specifics of where to meet and Future Mrs. was walking by him while on the phone and invited herself along saying 'I Fly Kites'.

There was room in the car so...

1 year later at the Callaway Kite Flight I bought 2 Rev II's one for her (Blue and Pink) one for me (Blue)

5 years after first meeting at the same Kite Festival I proposed (5 years was probably due to the name of the festival, "Chicken Days")

Been Married since 2000 and had a little Kiteflier in Dec '06. Been going to festivals and flys as much as possible, slowed down with the little one a bit (he gets fussy and haven't figured out how to put him down for a nap on the field yet, any ideas?)

BTW, she did fly kites and she meant stunt kites. Her dad had a Hawaiian that he had difficulty getting into Saudi just before the Gulf War, luckily someone in line behind him at customs said the native term for 'Kite' while he was being forced to put it together.

So Kite relationships can work
Keep the wind at your back...
-------
Jim

#45 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:49 AM

Ok here's a pickle which I might need a little help resolving ....

August 21st is the day iQuad arrive in the UK for the summer festivals.... I along with Sailor am picking the boys up from the Airport and giving them a bed for the first night of their stay .... something has been niggling me about that date ..... you guessed it 15th Wedding Anniversary ... 15th isn't anything special right?? or maybe it could be 'carbon' or 'polyester' ...

Anyway I hope you iQuad boys know a few songs or double as a mariachi band in your spare time so that you can serenade Mrs Jones at her romantic dinner for 8 ... maybe I could have them appear out of a cake??

... Please send thoughts and suggestions to:

The doghouse
Little Underthumb
England

:blushing:

#46 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:52 AM

Nope you're on your own on that one mate.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#47 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:55 AM

I'm thinking that highly compressed heated carbon might be the only thing that will help you out of this one!

You are definitely in trouble!

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#48 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:59 AM

August 21st is the day iQuad arrive in the UK for the summer festivals........
you guessed it 15th Wedding Anniversary ...

Ooops major pickling for you Jonesey!

did you forget about *that* date when you made plans ?! :kid_frustrated:
1 of the 47.

#49 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:31 PM

Buy some good ingridents and do a dinner impossible type show. Food network. I'm sure the iQuad boys will know it. LOL, they get so long to cook you and your wife a dinner to remember. I'm sure you'll remember it one way or the other. But allrecipies.com is a good place to start. :kid_devlish: Lincoln City here happens to fall on my wifes bday. Think I'm missing iQuad, Penny and the others? :kid_brooding: Oh, I don't think so. We'll get rid of the kids for a weekend on the coast (first for us in 5 years) and I'll fly with everyone. Maybe her too. LOL
One day of non sacrifice is due.

Why wouldn't bringing celebrities into the home for a chance meeting be a good thing? :wacko:

#50 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:33 PM

Didn't you just get back from a holiday?

Dean

Last resort is to tell her to plan better next year so you don't screw up again. Men for the most part need an alarm clock depending on the time of year :blushing:

#51 andelscott

andelscott

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:46 PM

August 21st is the day iQuad arrive in the UK for the summer festivals.... I along with Sailor am picking the boys up from the Airport and giving them a bed for the first night of their stay .... something has been niggling me about that date ..... you guessed it 15th Wedding Anniversary ... 15th isn't anything special right?? or maybe it could be 'carbon' or 'polyester' ...

Anyway I hope you iQuad boys know a few songs or double as a mariachi band in your spare time so that you can serenade Mrs Jones at her romantic dinner for 8 ... maybe I could have them appear out of a cake??

Okay - so you're going to present her with a paid place on the iQuad clinic and say "and I've arranged for extra free time with the tutors...."

15th = crystal. Not particularly relevant. Shame I didn't know that last Thursday...... :blushing:

Good luck !!
Andy

#52 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:57 PM

15th = crystal. Not particularly relevant. Shame I didn't know that last Thursday...... :blushing:

I've briefly met Mrs J ;)

But I'm not sure a Swarovski crystal-encrusted evening handbag would be enough to appease the situation!
They are more expensive than a Rev BTW!
1 of the 47.

#53 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:01 PM

The doghouse
Little Underthumb
England

Howzabout you and the boys do a heart formation in your backyard, and the number "15" if you have enough fliers???? Surely that will melt your Lady. :)

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#54 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:02 PM

diamonds are a girls best friend, what ever the aniversary. May do the trick.

No, may still not be enought actually
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#55 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:03 PM

diamonds are a girls best friend, what ever the aniversary. May do the trick.

Ohhhhhh but that sure helps! ;D

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#56 Dean750

Dean750

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:04 PM

:w00t: oops, thats a pickle alright.

Dean

#57 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:32 PM

Great suggestions guys (and girls) .... Luckily Mrs J is a 'diamond' really and would never really give me any grief, but will no doubt take great pleasure in making me squirm!! She is pretty understanding about my new Rev life... I was a professional sailor for many years so she was used to getting dragged to Sardinia, Key West, San Fran, Sydney etc for events and just thinks its funny I now expect her to come with me to Basingstoke, Portmouth and Bristol :wacko:

I quite like the idea of signing her up for the iQuad clinic ... she was flying my 'Eyes' tonight rather well so there's hope ... maybe that combined with a little jewellery (I assume crystal is correct ;) ) ...

Anyway cant stop ... I have to get back to the washing up before I start on the foot rub ;)

#58 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:43 PM

the first time I got dragged away by a boat for a serious amount of time my wife wasn't very impressed. Can't blame her really, it was 10 months and I was not really kicking and screaming as I went.

Anyway, she managed to get the judge to serve the papers on me on the boat by email. As I recall we celebrated with a small can of warm beer and some peanuts. The thing is this jonesey. I didn't know it was going to happen until it did either ;)
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#59 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:34 AM

the first time I got dragged away by a boat for a serious amount of time my wife wasn't very impressed. Can't blame her really, it was 10 months and I was not really kicking and screaming as I went.

Anyway, she managed to get the judge to serve the papers on me on the boat by email. As I recall we celebrated with a small can of warm beer and some peanuts. The thing is this jonesey. I didn't know it was going to happen until it did either ;)

The first Mrs Jones was a Lawyer so I feel your pain :wacko: actually she's still my lawyer because I'm too scared to fire her!

I am pleased to confirm the current Mrs Jones is going to be joining us on at least the first day of the Portsmouth clinic ... I expect you all to be on your best behaviour .. except you Sailor, it would be just too unbelievable if you behaved yourself ;)

#60 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:37 AM

May have spoken too soon ...... just saw the following in Mrs Jones inbox ....

"Good morning Mrs. Jones

Thank you for your email.

The members we have in your area are:-

Contract Killers, telephone 02392 717765 or 07779 013509 "

Fortunately on further investigation it appears they are a pest control company that are coming to rid us of a wasp nest ... Phew :blue-confused:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users