83 replies to this topic

#21 Choccy

Choccy

Occasion-al Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:29 AM

Romatic weekend away update ...... Mrs J was prepared to come out into the snow and take a picture ... that must mean something??

Well done, all round (braving the cold).
Thanks for sharing :)

Now I'm flying more, fewer piccies get taken alas.
1 of the 47.

#22 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:17 AM

I can think of at least one man who prefers summer flying. Its just that its an addiction - you've seen the smokers huddled against the driving rain outside pubs this winter - well its the same with kiting. :)

There’s no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes.
(Billy Conolly)
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#23 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:23 AM

There’s no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes.
(Billy Conolly)

Alternatively There's no such thing as bad weather, except in Scunthorpe.
(Eric Knight)
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#24 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:52 AM

my wife went flying with me years back but like some she liked it then got boerd with it .. as for me its always been my thing and she knows it .. shes cool with letting me go flying all the time on the weekends.. i hope now to get my son involved as he already loves the kites i have already
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#25 Harrier

Harrier

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:12 PM

My wife wants to learn to fly Revs, but with the 2 year old, one of us has to watching him. The boy will end up in the water in a blink of an eye, or take off playing!!

Lately, she said we need to find something that the whole family can do :confused!:

So, I don't know............

Joe

One way to keep track of the nippers........ :lol:
george.jpg

#26 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:15 PM

ahhhh the skyguy

#27 KYT ADIK

KYT ADIK

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:38 AM

I guess I've got it pretty good... as long as he gets his alotted amout of snuggle time I can pretty much get away with flying when ever the wind is good! But I do have to tell him where I am flying, in case he decides come out and play with his trainer power kite! Or to check up on me! hahahaha :bag:

Starna*

Kiting Tampa Bay

Treasure Island Kite Festival & Sport Kite Competition<br style="background-color: rgb(238, 243, 248);">January 19-20 2013

#28 newflyrgirl

newflyrgirl
  • Forum Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:53 AM

I have to tell you, flying kites has brought my husband and me closer together. We just discovered the activity a little over 2 years ago, but we absolutely love it.

While I am not a quadhead (yet), I have progressed from single line to dual. I might learn to fly a rev in the not so distant future, but I totally support him in his flying. I even bought him one of the Bazzer Dragons for his birthday, even though it is not until July. I gave it to him at Smithsonian.

We will soon be empty nesters (the youngest is a senior in high school), and I look forward to spending quality time together on the flying fields.

Joyce

#29 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:30 AM

Hey Joyce, round about my birthday time, if my Wife and your Husband dont mind of course. Would you be my Wife for a while? I am fairly house trained. And I love Dragons.

#30 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:43 AM

well john i will agree with you there that i do come home from festivals and weekend flies a much better relaxed person

#31 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:32 AM

...when I was student with extortionate prices ;(

Are you more reasonably priced now, Choccy...? Please forward a tariff forthwith. :kid_devlish:

#32 Hezz

Hezz

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:49 AM

When I told my new other half that I fly kites, the initial reaction was puzzlement!

From the start I said, if you want to see me at weekends, you can either come to the kite field with me when I want to go, or sit at home on your own. I think he got the message about this "addiction" .. lol

The first time I brought him out to the kite field, puzzlement changed to curiosity.

After a while he was brave enough to have a go, and then he realised it wasn't as easy as I (and friends) had made it look!

Now he appreciates how difficult it is, there's no worries. He is very useful as ground crew, with an understanding of how the kite should fly, and how to untangle lines, etc. he can spot what the problem is and help out. Better than just standing on the sidelines not knowing what to do!

Now he's got his own SLE & Vented Revs, I'm so surprised (and happy!) that a someone who's only even been mad about football can love flying kites so much!

Plus I am encouraging him to fly with other people around, rather than being on his own, as having to concentrate hard improves your flying skills... ready for that Megateam!

Hezz

#33 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:56 AM

When I told my new other half that I fly kites, the initial reaction was puzzlement!

From the start I said, if you want to see me at weekends, you can either come to the kite field with me when I want to go, or sit at home on your own. I think he got the message about this "addiction" .. lol

The first time I brought him out to the kite field, puzzlement changed to curiosity.

After a while he was brave enough to have a go, and then he realised it wasn't as easy as I (and friends) had made it look!

Now he appreciates how difficult it is, there's no worries. He is very useful as ground crew, with an understanding of how the kite should fly, and how to untangle lines, etc. he can spot what the problem is and help out. Better than just standing on the sidelines not knowing what to do!

Now he's got his own SLE & Vented Revs, I'm so surprised (and happy!) that a someone who's only even been mad about football can love flying kites so much!

Plus I am encouraging him to fly with other people around, rather than being on his own, as having to concentrate hard improves your flying skills... ready for that Megateam!

Hezz

And a nice guy .........................oh my god what am I doing ..................................... :lol: :lol: mine's a Leffe
GARY

Posted Image

#34 KYT ADIK

KYT ADIK

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 01:28 AM

Yes - she is probably compiling a file of evidence for the judge. ;)

hahahahahahaha... <gasp> hahahha... that' a riot! :kid_devlish:

:ninja: ~ own that hover Jonesey!! :kid_smartass:

Starna*

Kiting Tampa Bay

Treasure Island Kite Festival & Sport Kite Competition<br style="background-color: rgb(238, 243, 248);">January 19-20 2013

#35 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:24 AM

:ninja: ~ own that hover Jonesey!! :kid_smartass:

No 'pre-nup' so technically I only own half of it at most ;)

#36 KYT ADIK

KYT ADIK

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:43 AM

:lol: :D

Starna*

Kiting Tampa Bay

#37 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:35 AM

Oh well Jonesey. You may have to share that hover, but at least she may let you own that hoover.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#38 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:45 AM

As many out there know, I am one of the lucky ones.

I have had an interest in cars since I was a young boy who's father was a Hudson Dealer. When I took up Street Rodding, Lynn jumped right in and likes it as much as I do.

In 2000 I got a Vintage Airstream travel trailer. Lynn again was right there sewing her heart out and always ready to "hit the road" to a car event, trailer event, kite event,or just to get away (from what, I don't know).

That brings us to this "ripstopitis" we all seem to have. A few weeks after I got my first Rev, Lynn was on the handles. Then she got her own Rev. Then on the sewing machine. Now we almost always fly standing right next to each other. We both love pairs and team quad flying.

Come to think of it, we are a "team" at almost everything we do. (Lynn doesn't help me polish the Airstream)

Yes. I am truly one of the very lucky ones.
Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

#39 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:54 AM

Come to think of it, we are a "team" at almost everything we do. (Lynn doesn't help me polish the Airstream)

Jim, if you want more practice polishing my 31' Airstream could use it bad! :kid_smartass:

I am quite happy, I tracked down my last (currently existing) leak. I caulked around the water heater and the trailer has remained dry through three torrential downpours.

Now, about that polishing...

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#40 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:59 AM

Just booked this years family summer holiday ..... we usually book one of those converted French farm house type villa's down in the Southern half of France.. have used the same company for 10 years on and off as they have a range of very nice properties, very secluded, own pools etc etc .... So in choosing this years property it came down to two ... one in a beautiful woody valley and a similar property on top of a hill with a large exposed grassy field attached .... Mrs Jones liked the former.... guess which one I booked!!

Am I doomed??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users