#21 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:54 PM

Pictures as requested.

First a picture of the proud owner and his new kite (along with the buggy).

A couple of pictures of it ing.

Finally a size comparison with the buggy. Look, it's just the same length.

-Alden

Attached Thumbnails

• P4050003.JPG
  • P4050013.JPG
  • P4050022.JPG
  • P4050002.JPG

"Don't go in there!" RC

#22 RAWVEEDA

RAWVEEDA

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:38 PM

Now for the real question. How many Power Blasts does it take to pull a Mini. Come on Alden you know it is your new mission in life to find out.
Posted Image

#23 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:13 PM

alden.. nice flying spot .. i gotta come there and fly with you someday as for the super blast well i think a 3 pack of them is in order :kid_devlish: go for it alden..
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#24 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:18 PM

What do you think, a 2-4, 4-8, and the as yet to be developed 6-12 all in a stack. That ought to pull the Mini (or at least rip my arms off).

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#25 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:36 PM

What till you master this kite cause it is all that and a bag of chips...........Ben

#26 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:53 PM

What till you master this kite cause it is all that and a bag of chips...........Ben

Pie and chips right!

I got a good half hour in today on the way home from work.

I have a question. Sometimes when I am flying the sail rattles quite loudly. It seems to be when I am accelerating. I am not sure if I am putting the brakes on when it starts to pull or if I am actually pulling back on the handles giving it more lift but the center of the sail starts to rattle. Should I be riding the brakes more like John said to quiet the sail down on the B's or is this something different?

Lot's of fun to fly, totally different!

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#27 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,507 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:33 PM

Pie and chips right!

I have a question. Sometimes when I am flying the sail rattles quite loudly. It seems to be when I am accelerating. I am not sure if I am putting the brakes on when it starts to pull or if I am actually pulling back on the handles giving it more lift but the center of the sail starts to rattle. Should I be riding the brakes more like John said to quiet the sail down on the B's or is this something different?

-Alden

Yep, brake it a bit more. Try various speed controlling. You should be able to get it going from quiet to noisy depending on how much brake you give it.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#28 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:30 PM

Pie and chips right!

-Alden

Thats the flutter which is a result of too much fwd, from my personal results I eliminated this by making a knot in the bottom leaders about 1" from the stock knot on the end this took that away without loosing a comfortable grip for when the power kicks in.

As you have probably noticed its a very small hand adjustment that will lock or unlock the power in this kite, but as far as that flutter goes that is defiantly not enough bottom.

I wonder if Ben will be at Wildwood this year oh wait its the 20th of course he will I think maybe some team 2-4's are in order.

Anyone in on this ????
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#29 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:25 PM

Mine arrived yesterday .... and nobody was here to take delivery AAAAARRRGHH!! should be re-delivered this morning .... looking forward to compare note's .... Sailor clear your schedule this week I might be needing some help!

Alden .. keep the notes and tips and observations coming ... really interesting... sounds a lot like a less twitchy speed series so far .. or is that wishful thinking??

#30 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:44 PM

Schedule cleared as much as possible. :)

But the weather looks like it will be Revolting (Boom Boom) the rest of the week. Rain today, sleet and snow tomorrow, fog and hail thursday and 50knt winds everyday. Looks like you will have to keep the new kite in its packaging ;)
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#31 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:57 AM

More brake. Ok, the leaders I made will come in handy then. I started in pretty much the stock position, I will move one knot away from the handles on the top leader next time I am out.

I must say this kite is really cool the way it loves to do an inverted hover and slide. Even with the little bit of flight time I have on it I was doing some very fast side slides yesterday with little effort. When you get to the end of the window you just point the kite up and it slides up vertically also.

Jim, I'm willing to try a team fly if the winds aren't too strong. How about a mix of B's and Power Blast's? The B's will be swarming all around the Power Blast's...

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#32 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:13 AM

Now that would be SUPER cool. A combined Revolution team fly. Be difficult due to the varying characteristics of the kites however one of each would be great.

Or matched pairs.

#33 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:39 AM

Or, one Power Blast and a bunch of B's. Kind of like a shark and it's remora's.

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#34 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:38 AM

Alden..

Mine (Jolly green Giant) arrived today so met up with Sailor99 and Sparky for a test flight ... was 3 wrap vented conditions for the B so rather more than I wanted for flight one but what are you going to do!..... suprise suprise its every thing I hoped and more... super nice to control ... loads of power if you want it (I don't yet!) and as it says on the tin a quick thumb back dumps the power like no other rev Ive flown... still does all that stuff you do with a 1.5 but I have to say I was probably over anxious to start ... Sailor had it sorted straight off and Sparky was trying to get airborne with the carefree approach you only have when it not your expensive new toy on the end of the line!

Only negative was of course it doesn't really fit in the Rev Bag!! will need to move the velcro and do a bit of re-design ..
osted a few pics on a new gallery (Maiden flight) .....

Bottom line to answer my earlier thread .. NO its not to early to buy a blast 2~4 ... Go get one!

#35 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:33 PM

It flies!

Oh yeah, when it was doing the inverted slide the sound I heard in my head was that of a battle cruiser from star wars going by!

-Alden

I see what you mean....

Attached Thumbnails

• starwars.jpg

#36 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:17 PM

ROTFLMAO!

That was good for a real out loud belly laugh!

Ain't it cool? I just came home and I got in about 10 - 15 minutes of time in (a quickie). I had some raw chicken in the car, didn't want it to spoil.

I like your color, it goes well with the death star!

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#37 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:37 PM

the force is with that rev .... skywalker :big_starwars:
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#38 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:01 PM

Hehehehehe! Awe-Some! :clap;

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#39 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:21 PM

Just wanted to thank you guys for all this 2-4 talk, it made me have to pull out mine today its sorta like a yawn very catchy.

Funny thing is flying the 2-4 today the wind was also 2-4 mph steady off the ocean to me this is where the Power Blast is at its best in the light wind environment.

To be able to fly this huge kite in almost no wind and have people walk by asking how the hell am I flying in no wind then you say watch this, Then lock in the power and watch their faces as a 300 lb man gets pulled a few steps fwd :kid_smartass:

Glad you 2 enjoy them they are a Blast as the name says, Oh and Jonesey the 2-4 was my 2nd Rev :kid_devlish: and I prefer to fly it on 40' or 50' lines for getting even more personal.

Attached Thumbnails

• 11_05_06_1519.jpg

Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#40 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:33 PM

I prefer to fly it on 40' or 50' lines for getting even more personal.

I was wondering about that today. I'm flying on 100' lines, I was trying to think of how different it would be on shorter lines. Dang, something else I need to get now!

Thanks for the picture also, now I know what to look for at Wildwood (the black beast).

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users