42 replies to this topic

#1 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:33 AM

My new red and white power blast 2-4 arrived yesterday afternoon.

So far I have watched the video (I'm scared now). I put the 20th anniversary sticker on my car and I found that the kite won't fit in the trunk of the car (it's a mini cooper).

It's raining and cold today, same for tomorrow. Sunday looks like the first day that I'll get to fly it.

Oh yeah, I also made new leaders (with knots) for the handles.

Obviously this kite is for a more experienced flyer (they say so in the instructions). There also was a trap in case a less experienced flyer got a hold of the kite. The leaders on the handles were set up so that both of the bottom leaders were on one handle and the other handle had both of the top leaders. I guess that was so that it would automatically launch and go into a sideways hover! :kid_devlish:

I can't wait, if you don't hear from me after Sunday it's because I couldn't control the kite...

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#2 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:41 AM

My new red and white power blast 2-4 arrived yesterday afternoon.

So far I have watched the video (I'm scared now). I put the 20th anniversary sticker on my car and I found that the kite won't fit in the trunk of the car (it's a mini cooper).

It's raining and cold today, same for tomorrow. Sunday looks like the first day that I'll get to fly it.

Oh yeah, I also made new leaders (with knots) for the handles.

Obviously this kite is for a more experienced flyer (they say so in the instructions). There also was a trap in case a less experienced flyer got a hold of the kite. The leaders on the handles were set up so that both of the bottom leaders were on one handle and the other handle had both of the top leaders. I guess that was so that it would automatically launch and go into a sideways hover! :kid_devlish:

I can't wait, if you don't hear from me after Sunday it's because I couldn't control the kite...

-Alden

Alden ...

Mine was due to arrive today or tomorrow (I suspect it will be Monday now) ... so lets check in after the weekend and compare notes!! Forcast this side of the pond is for a wintery blast ... maybe some sleet and rain + 30 Knots... JOY!!

I am taking the wife away for a 'luxury spa break' in one of those classic English country hotels, have signed her up for 3 hours of spa treatments ... hotel has its own fields + a beach so guess what I was going to do while I was waiting!! .... had the 2~4 arrived it would have been a romantic weekend for 3... Looks like it will be just me and the vented B now!

Am I a bad husband??

#3 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:12 AM

Am I a bad husband??

Careful and cautious yes, bad no. I am taking my wife antiquing all day tomorrow. That's how I am smoothing out my Sunday... She also said that I should bring my kite in case I get bored while we are antiquing.

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#4 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:34 AM

hahaha ok sorry but you guys are cracking me up here...

smoothing out sunday, bad hubby? hehee.. NO ... Men are so funny. You guys .. there is a simple solution to this whole thing ya know. You teach them how to fly. I mean seriously fly. Set up the kite and the lines for them.. and then get em hooked.. you can teach em how to set up AFTER they are hooked.. and then pretty soon they will want to go all the time.. look at me. I had never touched a rev in my life.. till the day I met Monkey at the rev lessons at WSKIF. And once i did it.. I wanted to try it again..
ok so it may have been the talk about the rev *cuffs*.. or the sweet man that was giving the lessons.. but coughs.. um the point is, there are plenty of us ladies out there that are more hooked then you guys ...You just have to show em how!!!!!!

saunters off.....

#5 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:24 AM

Have you ever tried to give a family member driving lessons? It's bad news - all that worrying about crashing the car. I don't think I could take the strain of watching my beloved smashing my Bs round a field.

Jonesey - couldn't you arrange for the masseur (assuming they have a male masseur) to have an affair with your wife - that would give you more time with your kites on the beach. Just a thought.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#6 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:08 AM

Mousie, that must have been such a wonderfull Day for Monkey.

I dont need to smooth things, my Wife actually looks out the window, sees a breez, and says, why dont you go fly your kite.

Or sial your RC Sailboat.

If it is still and overcast she will say, why dont you go fishing.

Do you think she is having an affair?

So far this year she has been to Span, Cornwall just come back from Scotland and is off to London later this Month.

I have loads of hobbies, when she wants to go away I stay and look after the Dog.

#7 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:25 AM

Mousie, that must have been such a wonderfull Day for Monkey.

I dont need to smooth things, my Wife actually looks out the window, sees a breez, and says, why dont you go fly your kite.

Or sial your RC Sailboat.

If it is still and overcast she will say, why dont you go fishing.

Do you think she is having an affair?

So far this year she has been to Span, Cornwall just come back from Scotland and is off to London later this Month.

I have loads of hobbies, when she wants to go away I stay and look after the Dog.

Ha, I'm just joking about the smoothing over part but it's fun.

After 25 years together she is more like Baloo's wife "It's breezy out why don't you go fly your kite" and the unsaid "and leave me to have a peaceful afternoon here without you". :kid_content:

Baloo, I'm thinking the answer to your question is yes. :kid_devlish:

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#8 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:04 AM

Do you think I ought to start worrying then?

Or just be happy with the arrangement!

I am tempted to go with the be happy with it. I think we are used to each other now. Been together for a bit longer than you and yours Alden.

Pretty much used to each other now.

I think if she is having an affair it is with herself.

#9 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:26 AM

If she's not been to Brighton I think you are OK. Mind you, if she has...........
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#10 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:34 AM

Not Brighton, at least I dont think so, yet.

#11 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:22 PM

Not Brighton, at least I dont think so, yet.

Only been married to the current Mrs Jones for 14 years so not only a Rev Newbie but a marriage newbie compared to you old campaigners so appreciate the advice!

mousieo .. took your advice and we popped down to the beach this evening for a bit of 'foreplay' before our trip away ... ok fish and chips with the kids and threw a few kites in the air..... Mrs J flew the vented B and had fun but hey its England in April so pretty soon there were 2 kids and a wife sat in the car with the heater on while the sad old git flew into the sunset.....

Baloo... maybe its me but sounds like you win! my leash is currently limited to an hour in the evening and any midweek 'meetings' I can organise (you free next week Sailor?) ...

Anyway the 2.4 didnt arrive so at least I can put off the 'what that old things, Ive had it for years' (now where have I heard that before?) conversation till next week ..

Wonder if they have WiFi at the spa so I can keep up with how Alden's getting on with his............. ;)

#12 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:54 PM

Wonder if they have WiFi at the spa so I can keep up with how Alden's getting on with his............. ;)

It flies!

There was a break in the rain on my way home so I just had to give it a try. Very light winds but I was able to fly for about 15 - 20 minutes.

I was able to float the kite, do some flips, fly inverted, sideways hover, etc... All this in a breeze that would have kept my B Series in the bag (I am not an IQUAD member after all).

My initial comparison with the PB and the B is that the B Series is like a Ferrari and the Power Blast is like a Bus! But it's really cool, I was able to do some inverted slides with it and it just felt and looked really neat! It could be because the wind was very low but I am pretty sure it is not as snappy as the B.

I put the kite away, drove home (a mile away) and as I went in the back door I looked at the wind spinner in the yard. It wasn't even moving and I had just been flying!

Oh yeah, when it was doing the inverted slide the sound I heard in my head was that of a battle cruiser from star wars going by!

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#13 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:41 PM

It flies!

There was a break in the rain on my way home so I just had to give it a try. Very light winds but I was able to fly for about 15 - 20 minutes.

I was able to float the kite, do some flips, fly inverted, sideways hover, etc... All this in a breeze that would have kept my B Series in the bag (I am not an IQUAD member after all).

My initial comparison with the PB and the B is that the B Series is like a Ferrari and the Power Blast is like a Bus! But it's really cool, I was able to do some inverted slides with it and it just felt and looked really neat! It could be because the wind was very low but I am pretty sure it is not as snappy as the B.

I put the kite away, drove home (a mile away) and as I went in the back door I looked at the wind spinner in the yard. It wasn't even moving and I had just been flying!

Oh yeah, when it was doing the inverted slide the sound I heard in my head was that of a battle cruiser from star wars going by!

-Alden

Alden ...

You have just described exactly what I had in my head when I ordered the 2.4!! I wanted a big bus of a kite for light winds stuff .. I now feel like the kid at christmas who's parents forgot batteries..... so close yet so far ....

Would be great to see some pictures so I can live the dream vicariously... nothing specific just...

1. you signing for the delivery
2. Unpacking
3. detailed assembly
4. your first flights
5. you at the physiotherapist :kid_devlish:

#14 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:39 PM

Perfect description - I havn't flown one of these but now know exactly what they are like. Now I want one too (Chanting - I will resist the urge to buy, I will resist the urge to buy).

Just one question - did it have laser cannons too?
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#15 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:14 AM

Resistance is futile. You will be Revolutionated.

#16 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:39 AM

Resistance is futile. You will be Revolutionated.

Oooo! I can feel the force. :)
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

#17 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:40 AM

alden ... should be a piece of cake .. you survived the blast stack ha ha ha ha .....
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#18 XJJoe01

XJJoe01

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:21 AM

Alden,

We need pictures!!

Joe
1 lime and black B standard
1 lime and black B vent
1 20th anniversary edition :)

#19 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:09 PM

No pictures yet. Sadly the beast stayed in her bag today. I took my wife out antiquing for her upcoming birthday.

Tomorrow looks to be promising, 7 - 13 mph ENE winds.

I guess if that's a little strong I might end up in Aberdeen or somewhere north of Baltimore if I don't let go of the handles...

I'll try and get my wife to go with me to take some pictures.

I already have ideas about buggy...

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#20 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:16 PM

took the blast stack out today at my local beach ... the rain never came is it was supposed to but even though seaside got canceled i still had a good day.. thanks to my homemade flight creations
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users