3 replies to this topic

#1 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 02:06 AM

Rather stupidly I gave a too hard tug on one of the straps that goes around my revolution bag the other week. One of the tongs on the male part of the buckle snapped off. The female part of the buckle is very thoroughly sticked on, so I don't want to touch that. So I need to find another buckle exactly the same and just replace the male part.

I have done an internet search, but failed to find one similar. I am assuming rev do not stock them as they are likely to sub-contract the bag manufacturing. Does anyone have any idea where I could source one from?
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#2 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 03:00 AM

Rather stupidly I gave a too hard tug on one of the straps that goes around my revolution bag the other week. One of the tongs on the male part of the buckle snapped off. The female part of the buckle is very thoroughly sticked on, so I don't want to touch that. So I need to find another buckle exactly the same and just replace the male part.

I have done an internet search, but failed to find one similar. I am assuming rev do not stock them as they are likely to sub-contract the bag manufacturing. Does anyone have any idea where I could source one from?

i will have a look round the sailmakers and cover makers next week ... I think they are the same as on some of the trapeze harness's banks sails make ... Stand by

#3 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:54 AM

Try a sporting good store that handles camping, hiking and mountain climbing items.
I know of at least two stores in Munich Germany that has these type of things.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#4 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 07:10 AM

Thank you both.
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users