• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dutchPWR

dutchPWR
  • Forum Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 11:57 AM

Hello!

i just wanted to stop in and say hi and tell all of you of my delema. you see, i have a EXP as well as a number of duel lined deltas that i fly when i can. but unfortunatly due to living in central North Carolina (AKA the land of no wind) the times when i can fly are few and far between.

:evil:

but you know, there is always the forcast fro tomorrow...

i wish the rest of you many days of strong wind from the heart of north carolina

Dutch
If only there was some wind...

#2 nckiter

nckiter

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 12:56 PM

Dutch,

Greetings from Apex (in the triangle)

I know what you mean about our wind. But tomorrow we should really have some wind if you can stand the rain.

Where do you fly in Greensboro? Any good locations?

I'm mostly all quad and occasionally will fly a dual. I always like to get together with other fliers. Let me know if you would like to and perhaps we could get together on a field somewhere.

Are you aware of the Kite Festival in Atlantic Beach at the end of October?
Kip Clement
Apex (land of light and variable wind) NC

#3 dutchPWR

dutchPWR
  • Forum Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 01:12 PM

Where do you fly in Greensboro? Any good locations?

Are you aware of the Kite Festival in Atlantic Beach at the end of October?

i fly at the soccer fields on greensboro day school campus, alson i fly in the occasional empyt parking lot, but mostly at the day school campus.

but yea i will be out at every chance tomorrow (lunch breaks, after classes, and long into the night) as long as there is no thunder ill be up.

and as far as the kite festival goes, i will be there if i can get there...

are you aware of the mile hight kite festival beign held at beach mountain over this long weekend? its not to far of a dirve from NC.

happy flying!
If only there was some wind...

#4 nckiter

nckiter

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:33 AM

Dutch,
I know about the Mile High, but I,ve got a ton of stuff to do at the house that will keep me from making it.

I plan to be at the Carolina Kite Festival in Oct.. I'll be down in the stunt kite area, look for an aluminum fishing cart loaded with kite bags and that will probably be me

How are you doing with your EXP?
Kip Clement
Apex (land of light and variable wind) NC

#5 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:52 PM

here in jersey the winds are always diffrent everyday from strong to nothing in a split second thats why my kite bag is full of kites for all occasions
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#6 CLTKiter

CLTKiter

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:04 PM

Hi Dutch,

Wish I knew about you.  I was in Greensboro on Monday.  Had a Rev and a few fighters in my trunk.  Live in Charlotte, but go to Winston once a week (except for the upcoming Labor Day week).  Monday I spent the night at my daughter's, since I was in Winston a couple of days.

You also might check out the WACKOS (www.wackos.org).  I infected a number of WACKOS with Rev flying.  They fly a couple of times a month at Frank Liske Park near Harrisburg / Concord.  I haven't been able to get up there lately.

I was planning on flying my USA Rev I this weekend, but looks like there's not going to be any wind.  I'm saving it for holidays -- 4th July, Labor Day, Memorial Day.

Let's catch up.

Like NCKiter says, the kitefest at Atlantic Beach the end of October is a blast.  I plan to be there.

Later, Doug
W.A.C.K.O.S. - Wings Across Carolina Kiting and Okra Society

#7 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 03:14 PM

thanks wee need wind here havent been gettin any lately
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

0 user(s) are reading this topic