Backtracker

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:47 AM

HI,
I have a Quad kite called a "Backtracker" made by Revolution kites, can anybody tell me anything about this kite?

Cheers

keith.

#2 nckiter

nckiter

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:32 AM

Keith,
Back Trackers were in production sometime during the 90's and are no longer made. I've always heard that they were aimed at entry level flyers from an economical stand point.

They are capable of all the manuevers that Revs are known for, but do not have the precision and feel of most of the others.

I know several Rev flyers who are not overly fond of the BTs, but I have several that I fly iindividually and in stacks.

I have seen in other kite forum threads where some have reframed the BT with standard Rev rods instead of the fiberglass that they came with, and rebridled with a more typical Rev bridle. From what I gathered the flying characteristics improved with the modifications.

If you are just learning, I would suggest learning on a 1.5 or a 1. They will both be more stable and precise than the BT, also they will be slower allowing you more reaction time.

Good luck and enjoy your piece of Rev history!
Kip Clement
Apex (land of light and variable wind) NC

#3 CLTKiter

CLTKiter

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:07 PM

Hey Noggin,

I had a BT for a little while.  For me, it flew a little "top-heavy".  That's the best way I can describe it.  I've owned a number of Rev's, but that was my least favorite.  Found someone looking to stack a few, so I helped him build the stack...

Doug
W.A.C.K.O.S. - Wings Across Carolina Kiting and Okra Society

#4 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 03:13 PM

my friend had a bt years ago i think he still might have it
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:10 AM

Thanks everyone, useful stuff, I dont own a Rev proper myself, but have had many a go with others (I have a reputation of "Borrowing" kites!!! :oops: ) whilst on the beach, so can fly pretty well, just need to afford a "real" one!!

Thanks again.

Keith.

www.spka.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users